Established in 1984, Gillieron Scott Acoustic Design is one of the UK’s leading acoustic consultancies. We have been responsible for a large number of high-quality buildings in the arts and architectural acousticssector and take great pride in our work.
We predominantly carry out building and environmental acoustics surveys in support of RIBA stage driven design and have completed numerous award-winning projects in a wide range of sectors such as theatres, music schools/schools, restaurants/bars, clubs/venues, gyms, offices, residential, hotels, cinemas and small concert halls.
We are looking to take on an Acoustic Consultant who can support the current team with various elements of projects including (but not limited to) carrying out acoustic surveys, results processing, calculations, modelling and reporting.
To find out more about us please visit: www.gsacoustics.org
About the role
Duties will typically involve:
- Surveys/site testing including environmental surveys, sound insulation testing, vibration surveys,noise monitoring. You will liaise with clients, travel to site to deploy and collect equipment–either with another consultant or autonomously.
- Preparing equipment and ensuring it is up to date and calibrated.
- Carrying out measurements using British Standards procedures and good practice based on in-house training.
- Data processing
- Calculations and BS knowledge: Sabine / mechanical / BS4142 / BS8233 / BS6472 / BS5228 etc
- Modelling: Room acoustics Sketchup and CATT-Acoustics / Environmental CADNA-A / Sound insulation Insul
- Reporting (BS4142 reports, Façade assessment reports, Acoustic design reports, Sound insulation testing reports, RIBA reports, etc)
The role is a hybrid mixture of working at home and some office days plus site visits for testing /inspections. Our testing equipment is stored at our office in Brixton, London.
Your qualifications and experience
- Degree in Acoustics
- Graduate to 2+ years’ experience as an acoustic consultant/engineer
- Member of the IOA
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Experience in architectural acoustics including sound insulation design, building acoustic design, noise and vibration design for mechanical services, BS4142 survey and reporting, façade assessment design, acoustic planning reports, RIBA stages knowledge, etc.
- Knowledge of survey procedures, sound insulation testing and vibration monitoring
- Knowledge of computer modelling (Sketchup / CATT-Acoustics / CADNAA-A / Insul (or similar)
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel and good data manipulation skills
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and construction industry guidelines
Your abilities and values
- Strong communication and report writing skills with excellent attention to detail
- Reliable, responsive, and pro-active
- Confident with a positive attitude
- Self-motivated team player
- Honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Punctual with excellent time management and calendar management skills
- Flexible with starting and finishing times, including potential overnight stays away from companypremises with all company-related expenses covered
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Interest/knowledge in architecture, art, music
What we offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- a competitive salary depending on experience
- pension scheme
- 20 days annual leave rising year on year plus public holidays plus additional Christmas closure days
- remote working
- flexible working hours, 35hrs a week
- being part of an award-winning acoustic company to develop skills and knowledge
- interesting projects often working with award-winning architectural practices
- a fun working environment with company entertainment/outings
All the required PPE and tools to complete your role effectively will be provided.
Please note that travel is not limited to the local surrounding area as total UK coverage is necessary andoccasional work beyond.