Established in 1984, Gillieron Scott Acoustic Design is one of the UK’s leading acoustic consultancies. We have been responsible for a large number of high quality buildings in the arts and architectural acoustics sector and take great pride in our work.
We predominantly carry out building and environmental acoustics surveys in support of RIBA stage drivendesign and have completed award winning projects in a wide range of sectors such as theatres, music schools/schools, restaurants/bars, clubs/venues, gyms, offices, residential, hotels, cinemas and small concert halls.
We are looking to take on an experienced Senior Acoustic Consultant to join our Team in London to
provide acoustics, noise and vibration consultancy advice to our clients.
To find out more about us please visit: www.gsacoustics.org
About the role
Duties will typically involve:
- Managing projects large and small, across a variety of sectors and delivering high quality service in the agreed timeframe, autonomously or with more junior/senior colleagues
- Attending and providing advice at Client/Project/Design/Workshop/Team meetings
- Close liaison with Clients
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Carrying out noise and vibration surveys / site testing including environmental surveys, sound insulation testing, vibration surveys, noise monitoring.
- Liaising with clients, travelling to sites to deploy and collect equipment either with another team member or autonomously.
- Carrying out measurements using appropriate British Standards procedures and good practice based on in-house training.
- Data processing
- Calculations: Sabine / Mechanical / Environmental / Façade assessment / Sound insulation
- Design specifications
- Modelling: Room acoustics Sketchup and CATT-Acoustics / Environmental CADNA-A / Sound insulation Insul
- BS knowledge: BS4142 / BS8233 / BS6472 / BS5228
- Reporting including experience of RIBA stages
The role is a hybrid mixture of working at home with some office days and with meetings and site visits for testing / inspections. Our testing equipment is stored at our office in Brixton, London.
Your qualifications and experience
- MSc/BSc level in Acoustics or other relevant degree/discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience as an Acoustic Consultant
- Experience as an ANC accredited tester
- Member of the IOA
- Full clean UK driving licence with own vehicle if possible
- Experience in managing small, medium and large sized projects
- Experience in preparing and attending meetings
- Knowledge of RIBA stages
- Knowledge of acoustic materials for reverberation control and detailing of construction and
- architectural elements
- Knowledge of survey procedure, sound insulation testing and vibration monitoring
- Knowledge of computer modelling (Sketchup / CATT-Acoustics / CADNAA-A / Insul (or similar)
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Word / Excel and good data manipulation skills
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and construction industry guidelines
Your abilities and values
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Punctual with excellent time management and calendar management skills
- Strong communication and report writing skills with excellent attention to detail
- Reliable, responsive, and pro-active
- Confident with a positive attitude
- Self-motivated team player
- Honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Flexible with starting and finishing times, including potential overnight stays away from company premises with all company-related expenses covered
What we offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- a competitive starting salary dependent on experience
- pension scheme
- 20 days annual leave rising year on year plus public holidays plus Christmas closure
- remote working
- flexible working hours, 35hrs a week
- being part of a small, award-winning acoustic company to develop skills and knowledge
- interesting wide range of projects often working with award-winning architectural practices
- a fun working environment with company entertainment/outings
All the required PPE and tools to complete your role effectively will be provided.
Please note that travel is not limited to the local surrounding area as total UK coverage is necessary and occasional work beyond.
If this description fits you and you are passionate about acoustics, please send your CV and a covering letter via firstname.lastname@example.org